Dear Yoga Teachers, School Teachers, Social Workers, and Parents:
- Are you eager to make a difference in the lives of young people?
- Would you like to add a fun and uplifting program to your current offerings?
- Do you want to bring yoga to teens but you’re a little intimidated and unsure how to connect with teenagers?
- Would you like to create a niche for yourself with a certificate in teen yoga?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Yoga for Teens Teacher Training can help you reach your goals! In this training you will learn how to:
- Adapt yoga, breathing, and meditation techniques to the teen population
- Teach yoga in the school setting
- Teach the ethical principles of yoga in teen language
- Work with at-risk and underserved populations
- Teach teen relevant topics such as anger, forgiveness, self-confidence, and sexual health
- Teach basic nutrition and the yoga of eating
- Incorporate play and laughter into the teen yoga class
- Help teens understand and cultivate mindfulness in daily life
- Cultivate community, trust, and connection with teens
- Structure and develop a teen yoga class
- Inspire teens to be ambassadors of peace in the world through selfless service
Upcoming Trainings in the San Francisco Bay Area:
July 28-30, 2017 at Girls Inc. in Oakland, CA
Fee*: $525 (early bird through June 30th; increases to regular price of $625 on July 1st)
September 22-24, 2017 at Mela Yoga. in San Mateo, CA
Fee*: $525 (early bird through August 31st; increases to regular price of $625 on September 1st)
Upcoming Trainings in Other Locations:
July 14-16, 2017 at Integral Yoga Institute in NYC
*Please note fee is non-refundable; however, if you are not able to attend, you may take the course at a future date. Includes a comprehensive course manual, certificate of course completion, and an opportunity to observe a RISE Yoga for Youth class after the training.